Saturday, January 21, 2012

ON THE EDGE




Today is that day. What day, you may ask? The day that I find myself on the edge. The edge of what, you may ask? The edge of finding out some things about myself I have never dared to explore before. Do I have what is required to take that long, honest look at myself in the mirror? Do I have the courage to let down all the walls and see who really stares back at me? Can I look beyond the face that I put on for everyone else and find the real me? Will I like what I see, or will I despise it? In fooling everyone else, have I even fooled myself? Such wonderings are not for the fainthearted. Have I been led to the edge by a force I trust? Or have I been driven there by fear and uncertainty? Have I been brought to this place as a launching point for new beginnings? Or have my doubts crowded me to this point of no return? It could be liberating to step off into thin air and see if I can fly! But it could be devastating to fall and crash onto the jagged rocks that lay beneath. What will the verdict be once my decision is made? Will I be praised for taking that giant leap of faith? Or will I be pitied for my weakness and desperation? Only time will tell. As for now, I find myself on the edge. Today is that day.












1 comment:

  1. It seems we all come to that point in our lives....actually it should be often. As we mature in our lives, we need to step back & take a good look at ourselves...a time for inventory. What really is in our heart? Do we love others as ourselves? Are we selfish & hungry for attention? Or are we truly willing to "die daily"? For only looking into the "mirror" of God's Word, can we see what we are striving for. So, take that leap of faith & you will fall straight into the loving arms of God & I feel very certain that He will say that He is VERY pleased with you. (You are a very special & I am only just one person of many who like what I've seen!)

    ReplyDelete